ACHIEVEMENTS AND BENEFICIARIES
This project has promoted the inclusion and employability of VET students with fewer opportunities through promoting the development of their capacity for critical analysis and technological skills, which, together with their desire and spirit of improvement, allowed them to access technology companies leaders who carry out innovative scientific projects. We believe that we have achieved it and that has been one of the great achievements of this project.
To achieve this it was necessary to achieve four achievements:
- ACHIEVEMENT 1: TO GENERATE CURRICULAR AND EDUCATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS IN VET CENTRES OF MARGINAL AREAS in order to promote thedevelopment of the analysis processes of VET Students and the necessary skills to be part of groups of work of high technology centers. There are already five VET centers that are implementing the proposed curriculum developments.
- ACHIEVEMENT 2: TO GENERATE AND ADAPT THE WORKING METHODS OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL CENTERS SO THEY CAN HOST VET STUDENTS. Technology-based companies and leading research centers are not used to host VET students in their working groups, so the working methods of the investigators are difficult to them. We have generated protocols and training mechanisms in the technological center to eliminate these barriers that are already being implemented in 5 centers.
- ACHIEVEMENT 3: TO PLAN AND PROMOTE THE MOBILITY OF VET STUDENTS WITH LESS OPPORTUNITIES IN TECHNOLOGICAL CENTERS. For this, we have created TRAINING PROGRAM IN HIGH TECHNOLOGY WORK CENTERS that allows VET students at risk of exclusion to have a first experience in a motivating and attractive work place where they are involved in the development of high innovative projects, improving their curriculum and facilitating their subsequent access to the labor market and offering them a real first emancipatory opportunity. For the next course, he has completed several practices of FP students with fewer opportunities in network technology centers.
- ACHIEVEMENT 4: TO GENERATE A STRATEGIC INTERSECTORAL ASSOCIATION ABLE TO PROMOTE EFFECTIVELY THE EMPLOYABILITY OF VET STUDENTS IN THE SHORT-MEDIUM AND LONG-TERM TECHNOLOGICAL SECTOR. The CRITICAL THINKING 4 VET network has approved a new Erasmus Plus Program project to strengthen this network.
We consider that the goals clearly match with the objectives of the Erasmus Plus Programme KA2 line:
- Strengthening the interaction among practice, research and politics.
- Educative systems, training in keeping with the opportunities and need of the labour market.
- An improvement of the basic and transversal skills, particularly: entrepreneur initiative, intercultural and language skills, and critical thinking.
- Creating synergies among the VET centres, universities and companies, with a better use of the reference European tools for recognition, the transparency and the validation of the competences and the qualifications.
- Increasing and improving the cooperation of the education public authorities across regions and nations, throught associated partners as GVA
- More strategic use of the ICT and the Open Educative Resources (OER) in the systems for learning and training young people.
- More motivation for learning languages through innovative learning methods, adapted to the practical language skills required by the labour market
The beneficiaries of this project have been VET students at risk of exclusion from disadvantaged areas of Europe (rural areas, municipalities especially affected by the economic crisis with high levels of unemployment …) in order to promote their training and allow them to access jobs in technology-based companies through the realization of 3-month practices that allow them to overcome their social exclusion, recover self-confidence and motivation and train for their work in high-tech centers.
Thanks to the collaboration of various VET centers, we have established a very heterogeneous student profile with high levels of precariousness and multiple barriers mainly economic, but also cultural and social.